Serving the increasing needs of the watermain rehabilitation industry, Fer-Pal Construction works to ensure clean and safe water supply in Canada and the USA. Innovation and teamwork have been key to Fer-Pal’s success, enabled by committed employees who are willing to learn new skills and who have the tenacity to overcome new challenges.
In order to fulfill existing and future project requirements, Fer-Pal seeks to hire a Truck and Heavy Equipment Mechanic reporting out of the North York office. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great employer with promising growth potential. Fer-Pal offers competitive rewards and benefits, and this position has longer term career advancement for the right individual.
Truck and Heavy Equipment Mechanics reports to the Shop Foreman and works as part of the team maintaining and repairing all vehicles and machinery used at Fer-Pal Infrastructure. Following is a description of this position:
• Ensuring safe work practices is critical to success at Fer-Pal
• Diagnosing faults and malfunctions.
• Adjusting / replacing/ repairing machinery, vehicles and equipment as required.
• Testing and ensuring successful completion of work.
• Documenting maintenance and repairs according to standard procedures.
• Maintaining flexibility and help the team meet its goals.
• Adhering to standard operating practices.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Valid Truck and Coach and Automotive Service Technician Trade Certifications (310 T and 310 S).
• Strong ability to continuously learn to work on new equipment.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to thrive and deliver results under pressure.
• Combination of relevant experience and education.
• Ability to work well with and without direct supervision.
• Own transportation, valid driver’s license, and a good driving record.
Interested applicants should send a recently updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Fer-Pal will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us in your application.